Saturday, December 16, 2006

Week end tidbits


We're coming up to one of the most important days of the year for me: December 23rd. No, I'm not mixed up about Christmas, rather that's the first day after the winter solstice, when the days start getting longer. I actually can't notice the light difference until early January, but just knowing that days are getting longer improves my morale. (Conversely, I'm a little sad on June 23rd).

Several poor googlers have found my website by searching for information on how cockroaches reproduce. (Something I actually mentioned in an earlier post). I'm thinking of changing my masthead to "Sociology, Christianity, and Insect Reproduction". Catchy, huh?

A clear voice in blogland belongs to Jeremy Freese. His posts convey an energy and interest level that I can only aspire to. From Jeremy's website, check out this visually entrancing punk-rock video.

Another clear voice, this one very quiet, is One House, "an exploration of contemplative life." In the midst of power surfing, I hit that site and pause, reflect, and wonder. I sometimes have to wait for a new post, so I'm thinking of writing them to "hurry up and contemplate faster."

I went for a walk Wednesday in my short sleeves. This weekend, in the 50s. If global warming is wrong, I don't want to be right.

My brother John has a talent for narrative. Here is his description of our first day hang gliding. BTW, he just bought a hang glider, the Falcon 3, making me green with envy but also red with joy for him. (One of my few seasonally-appropriate comments).

No comments: