Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas tidbits

Okay, I admit to having a rather bah-humbug attitude toward Christmas, but compared to Susette Kelo, I'm Santa Claus. She was a homeowner involved in a property rights dispute here in Connecticut. This year, she sent out a Christmas card, showing her house, to various government officials with the following inscription:

"Your houses, your homes, your family, your friends. May they live in misery that never ends. I curse you all. May you rot in hell. To each of you I send this spell."

Ouch...

Funniest moment of the holidays: At Christmas eve service, my six-year old-son Floyd decided he was too warm, so he rolled his pant legs into shorts, his sleeves into short sleeves, and his shirt up into like an ab-shirt. (To get the full effect, imagine him also in dark socks and dress shoes). I didn't notice till we went to communion, and I heard people chuckling).

Apparently, the way to be smart is to be tall and salty.

A video
that exemplifies one of my core values in parenting.

No comments: