Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bitten by karma

Awhile ago, I was talking to a family member, and he had just returned from an 8-mile bicycle ride and was feeling a sense of accomplishment.

Me being the supportive family member, in a give-them-crap sort of way, commented that Floyd too is proud when he bicycles that distance--Floyd being my 7-year old son.

Well, this zinger came back to haunt me last week. I was talking to my sister, who is the real athlete in the family, and I was telling her that I am planning to ride a metric century (i.e., a 64 mile ride), and I hoped that I could finish it. Susie also being very nice, got excited about it and commented that she had been on one herself a couple of years ago and really enjoyed. As we talked about her ride, it came to light that she did it with two of her children, who were in elementary and middle school at the time. Ouch... You would think that I would learn.

No comments: