Friday, July 23, 2010

Hi, I'm Brad and I'm a conehead

There's a reason why we should be patient with others... it helps keep us from looking really stupid.


Several times a week I go to the gym at our town's community center. In front of the center is a fire lane and about 20 feet further a loading zone. Drivers regularly stop in the fire lane to let people out or wait for them, but this blocks traffic and can be dangerous. This has bugged me for awhile now, especially since the official loading zone just yards away.


Earlier this week, I went to the center and, sure enough, a van was parked in the fire lane, making it hard to get into a couple parking spaces. The driver came around the back of the van, and I asked in a polite but firm voice that she not park in the fire lane. She responded kindly and said she would be done quickly, as soon as the gentleman she was dropping off got going. I looked, and saw a very old, disabled man struggling with his walker toward the front door. The exact kind of person who should be let off as close as possible.


I felt so, so dumb (a place that I have been before), and I apologized to the driver. Doh-h-h-h.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL... don't ya hate those moments. Btw, did you get my email about times to do an interview? I sent it a few days ago. :) I can do an interview in August sometime. Any day but Weds. - Thanks Brad. - Stacy Harp