Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday stuff

Well, I'm in day 3 of my wife & kids away for a week. My first reaction was how amazingly quiet the house is with only 1 person it it. Yikes! I unplugged the TV & compute--that much more quiet. My response--I've started singing to myself. The only problem is that I am a terrible singer, and I pick very cheesy songs. (Think American Idol out-take). But... for an audience of one, it works.

On his way out the door to the airport, Floyd was wearing these big, orange-tinted ski goggles. Just out of curiosity, we asked why. Well, they are visiting Cathy's sister, who lives in Arizona, and Cathy told Floyd that Arizona is a desert. So, in his words, goggles "will come in handy in case there is a sandstorm." Okay...

Cathy's last words to me saying good-bye in front of the terminal... "don't forget to pick up crickets for Sticky (Gus' pet lizard)." Ah, true romance never dies.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noun edit the last line?