Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday stuff

Once again, I demonstrate an uncanny ability to communicate clearly with my wife. Yesterday, when I was grading papers, she came into the room and asked if I had seen her white bucket. She's putting in a new floor in the basement (to replace the flood-damaged floor), and she kept the extra pieces + her tools in a white bucket. What did I do with it? Why, I threw it away earlier in the week--thinking it was trash. Doh-h-h-h. Cathy, once she got past the stares of disbelief, "encouraged" me to go out and buy some new tools for her.

This week we had the first bonfire of the season. Our yard is littered with sticks and branches that fell in winter storms, so we gathered some of them up (we have enough for more than a few bonfires), and built a good fire in our pit. We did the marshmallow thing, and then when Cathy went inside, I taught the boys some of the finer bonfire skills--jumping over the fire & throwing fireworks into it.

My wife, still worried that I won't know what to do with myself in the week she's gone with the kids, has suggested that I repaint our bathroom in her absence. Hm-m-m, I think the deep-cleaning the house idea was better.

3 comments:

Knumb said...

Hey,

When is this week with the others away? Does it span a weekend?

Maybe a little Wright Bros. @ Morningside flying would be in play.

SARA said...

Another wonderful "Saturday stuff" post!

kent said...

What about a "lost" marathon? Why does the spouse leaving always equate to more work? Does this seem equitable? I am pondering the mysteries of my own existence. No reflection on your lovely bride