Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday Stuff


I am now the proud father of a tiger cub. Floyd, a strapping first-grader, has joined the cub scouts and was commissioned as a "tiger cub." He seems to enjoy it, a lot, and my favorite part: Their motto is "do your best" and then they roar like tigers. Cathy has volunteered to be a den mother, and it has been fun for her too.

Our church has started the "40 days of purpose," based on Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life, and we're hosting one of the small groups. Last week's topic was what does God want for us in life. In the midst of discussing it, I cracked that I'm lucky because I also have my wife to tell me what I should do. At that point, one of the members in the group smiled and commented: "The Purpose Driven Wife."

Children can be brutal... just ask Casey.

Congratulations Dan on the teaching award.

An honest assessment of the job market for Sociology MA students.

One more reason to still be suspicious of people dressed like clowns.

4 comments:

SARA said...

Wow, great for Floyd and your wife....sounds like lots of fun!

Love your remark and also the respons."The Purpose Driven Wife."--very witty!

Jay Livingston said...

I don't think that the sign specified "sociology" as the subject of the MA. I'm inclined to think it was something more like French lit. But who knows?

Jay
(former cub scout -- but we didn't roar)

SARA said...

We could phone the number to find out. :)

Brad Wright said...

Hm-m-m, it fit sociology students so well!