Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday stuff

Excerpts from an e-mail exchange:
Me: Hey, haven't seen you for awhile. You doing okay?
Friend: I'm in New Jersey.
Me: I'll take that as a "no."

Michael Kruse is doing his social indicators series for 2007. As always highly interesting and informative. He is posting all all sorts of economic and social measures of well-being, and he gets data from the best sources.

In praise of faint praise... I ran into a student from last semester, and we talked for awhile. He's graduating this semester, and at the end of our conversation, he enthused: "Of all the classes I have had here at UConn, yours was one of the better ones." So, of the 40 classes that he took, mine was solidly in the top 20. Could be worse.

Drek has posted an interesting and informative series on atheism... part autobiographical, part philosophical. It starts here.

2 comments:

Michael Kruse said...

Thanks for the link! I always consider it high praise when a professional sociologist chooses to link my statistical ramblings.

:)

Brad Wright said...

You have such a wide range of interesting stuff Michael... don't know how you do it.