Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Judge, sob, I had the fish

Well, just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, with the global financial crisis and whatever else is bad in the world, comes this news. Apparently Applebee's restaurant has been serving Weight Watcher approved food with more calories than claimed. "For example, the Cajun Lime Tilapia was advertized [sic] has having 6 grams of fat and 310 calories, whereas results from Analytical Labs of Boise Idaho showed 14.3 grams of fat and 401 calories."

This being America, there is a class action suit being filed against both Applebee's and WW. The legal announcement makes the following pitch:

"If you or a loved one has suffered ill health or damages in this case, please click the link below and your complaint will be sent to a lawyer who may evaluate your claim at no cost or obligation."

I think that I'll stuff a pillow under my shirt and have my wife roll me into the courtroom in a wheelchair, and I'll sob: "I was fine until that Tilipia".

Article

Life imitating art

1 comment:

Knumb said...

How about "This Tilipia is so %^!(! good!"

(Seinfeld did a whole episode on yogurt that wasn't low fat... that was the catchphrase)