Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm back... lower your expectations

After a 2.5 week trip to the Midwest to do the family thing, I'm back in Storrs. Nothing like a 15.5 hour drive the day before to focus the mind.
I want to thank David for his posts. For those not familiar with sociology publications (and, very, very few people in society are... a comment on sociology), several of David's posts are not far from publishable quality as research notes. In fact, maybe I'll just print them out and send them in to a journal :-)
We had originally intended to spend longer on the trip, but I realized that if I let David blog much more, the readers of this blog would get too used to the quality of his work...
***
A funny story from the trip: When looking at the South Bend paper, I read an article about how summer county fair goers were choosing healthier food... deep-fried vegetables.

8 comments:

Ben Byerly said...

Karibu!

SARA said...

Welcome home to blog! *smile*

You were missed.

I also think David should start a blog of his own. If time is a factor he could make it clear right from the beginning that he'll only post once a week.(that should be manageable).
Other option: occasional contributor on your blog..David? Hope you're reading this ;)

Anonymous said...

Brad just dropped by my office, and he was also encouraging me to start one. I don't know if I will, but I've been persuaded to try worse ideas (e. g., "let's make money by betting on college football").

Anonymous said...

I vote for David to start a blog as well!

Brad Wright said...

David,

If you start a blog, I bet that it will be more successful that our college football efforts!

Knumb said...

Oh, I remember the college football thing.

Sociology goes where the mob has been for decades....

Brad Wright said...

Except the mob makes money at it...

SARA said...

David,
If you blog I'll comment regularly even if I don't know what you're talking about ;)