Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another irresponsible father?


I seem to have competition in the irresponsible, immature fathering category that I have long dominated here in Mansfield, CT. My thirteen-year-old son, Gus, told me the story of a game of chicken. It turns out that one of Gus’ friends and his father played a game of chicken, in which the friend was riding a bicycle and the father a golf cart. At the last minute, the friend realized that the father was not going to swerve, so the friend swerved around the golf cart.

What did the father do? He swung open the door to the golf cart and knocked the kid off his bike… Wow!

Needless to say, I’m saving money for my own, even more powerful golf cart (see picture).

2 comments:

Knumb said...

I'm surprised I haven't seen this story onthe front page of CNN.

Shocked! Shocked, shocked!@

Ben Byerly said...

My friends in the study room want to know why I am laughing out loud. What can I say??