Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday stuff

Here's the dress code for conservative Bob Jones University. My only question: Do faculty have to wear shoes?

Oh, the power of peer pressure. For many years, we contested with Joshua about keeping his fingernails short. Since he was playing the violin, he needed them short, but he wouldn't clip them. This year he's not playing the violin, so we don't really care. But... a friend of his looked at his long nails and said that he was the only guy in school who keeps his nails as long as girls do. Now, Joshua clips them every four or five days.

What, Jeremy is cutting back on his blogging! Say it isn't so. He makes some interesting points about the downside of blogging.

Here's a funny video about the importance of proofreading. (Thanks Mark for the link). I'm a terrible speller and proofreader, so I laughed rather nervously.

A very good illustration of Marx's false consciousness from Jay Livingston. Maybe the chicken has a skin disease too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Greenville, SC, and BJU is just about 15 minutes from my house. Brad, does this mean there is no chance I can get you to move here now? You'd look good in leather casual shoes.

kent said...

That video was awesome, and the one that accompanies it is great too. I do not know if you can use that in your class but it is hilarious. I know I can't use in the church. Too bad.

Doing Better Than I Deserve said...

I think that faculty has to wear shoes all the time. But there appear to be some times when socks are not required...

Brad Wright said...

Good point about the video... I should incorporate it into my classes...

No socks... that's a start!

I think that BJU would have more problems with me than I would with them. Not sure it would work.