Saturday, January 29, 2011

ChristianityToday Book of the Year...

Christianity Today has named my book its Book of the Year on the topic of Christianity and Culture. They write:


"With wit and wisdom, Wright uses scholarly means to serve kingdom ends, defusing anxiety about the American evangelical prospect and reigniting vision. It's a work of both smart debunking and kind edification, utterly necessary in a time of statistically aided ideological warfare."


I really, really appreciate this. The last award that I won was in high school when I was voted to be the "most likely to have to wait a long time before winning another award."


It's most gratifying to have others appreciate my work for what I intended it to be. Thank you CT!

12 comments:

Brad Stewart said...

Wow, congratulations! That's great!

Charles said...

That's great news! Congratulations!

K T Cat said...

Congratulations! You definitely earned the praise with your outstanding book.

John Umland said...

that's great Brad, pretty soon you'll be able to buy 50 Cent's mansion!
God is good
jpu

Andre said...

Congratulations! I finally finished reading it. I have to say that I don't think that my breath has benefited as much as I was promised. But the information was good and I am "using my badge" without having a printed version. Can you make an e-version so that I can post it on my facebook page? Better yet, can you make an app?

Bill said...

Congrats! Great book. It makes me want to study statistics again and comb through the survey data. Also, I won't bite on the headlines with dramatic statistics so easily ever again. Thank you!

Brad Wright said...

Thank you. Yes, I'm very pleased and surprised.

This book should give me the 50 cents, not sure about the mansion. :-)

Brad Wright said...

Andre... good idea about the app. maybe something you could whip out when needed?

Jonathan T said...

I enjoyed it very much and I'm glad they awarded you. Thanks for writing it.

Brad Wright said...

Thank you, Son of Asher, for the kind words.

Willie said...

Well deserved Dr. Wright. Azusa Pacific University has benefited from your work!

Brad Wright said...

Thank you, Willie.