Monday, February 02, 2009

What goes on when Dad's not around?

The other day, I was walking out of the community center gym, and I saw Gus sitting at one of the public computers. He had a couple of friends watching him, and they were laughing and being very animated with whatever was on the screen.

H-m-m-m, I thought to myself, what is going on? A chance to see what he's up to when I'm not around, so I walked up behind him, unnoticed, and saw that Gus was conjugating Latin verbs for some on-line homework. His friends were alternately cheering him on and trying to get him to make a mistake.

Wow. I had no idea that high school students participated in the kind of dangerous, wild behavior. May be time for a family intervention.

2 comments:

Mathsquatch said...

It is definitely time for an intervention. One should not have fun with a dead language. Next thing you know, they will be having fun with Math! Math is not fun! Stop them now, before it is too late...

Brad Wright said...

Good point, Andre. Where will this stop?