Sunday, December 28, 2008

1.5 days of Christmas Cheer


In past years, I've thought of myself as anti-Christmas. I would be just as happy without the holiday & see the decoration, gifts, and especially Christmas music as a waste. By the time Christmas rolled around, I was borderline resentful toward it.

This year, however, I tried something different--I completely ignored anything to do with the holidays--just turned it out. No holiday greetings, not Christmas music, no buying gifts, nada. I told family I didn't want any gifts. Then, on the day before Christmas, I bought a few things and went to a neat Christmas eve service. Christmas day was just hanging out with the family, playing with the kids.

So, I have 36 hours of Christmas cheer, at most, but I kind of enjoyed the holiday this year.

No comments: